You’re probably checking out this page because you love Switch indies and writing. That’s awesome — we feel the same way.
If you’re interested in combining the two, Switch Indie Reviews might have a place to you. We’re doing our best to keep our team small, but we still have some spots available.
The Associate Editor writes and edits a variety of content for the site. Your eyes make the first editing pass on all content, so you need strong editing skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback to our writers. You might also be involved in some administrative tasks, so you’ll need good organizational skills, too.
This position(s) will likely be filled internally, but if you think you’re right the person, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Our Review Writers put together awesome reviews for indie games on the Switch. You should be analytical, opinionated, and of course a strong writer able to accept constructive feedback.
- We don’t expect you to contribute X amount of content. As long as you’re able to submit one or two pieces of content per month, we’re happy.
- None of these positions are paid. We’re sorry, but that’s just not in the cards right now. If it makes you feel any better, we’re not making any money either.
- You’ll receive review codes for the games you’re interested in, woohoo!
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Specify which position you’re interested in.
- Tell us a little about yourself, why you’d like to join the team, and why you love the Switch/indie games.
- Describe any writing experience and attach or link two samples, preferably gaming-related.
- For the Associate Editor role, tell us about your editing experience, give us an idea of your editing style, and send us an article that you’ve edited (in addition to the two writing samples).